via alpina red trail map

via alpina red trail map

Full Description

Previous Post Binn, Heiligkreuz: Stage 4 of the Blue Trail of the Via Alpina – part 1 Next Post Bellwald: a part of Stage 94 of the Red Trail of the Via Alpina? The trail follows the mountains and well, nature does not know borders. I will stand my ground. It forks off to the east of the Red Trail in the heart of the Triglav massif. The Via Alpina in Switzerland is a long distance hiking trail made up of three distinct sections covering different parts of the country. Massifs crossed: Julian Alps – Karawanken – Carnic Alps – Dolomites – Zillertal – Tuxer Alps – Karwendel – Wetterstein – Lechtal Alps – Allgäu – Rätikon – Silvretta – Rhaetian Alps (Grisons/Ortles) – Lepontine Alps (Lombardy/Ticino) – Valaisian Alps – Bernese Alps – Chablais – Mont Blanc – Graian Alps (Val d’Aosta/Vanoise) – Dauphiné – Cottian Alps (Queyras/Viso) – Maritime Alps – Lower Piedmont – Ligurian Alps. The red trail is the longest of the five diferent trails, about 2.500 km long, a continuous path divided into 161 stages of which I walked 10. Four “Suonen” and saffron sponge cake This morning I started from Brig to Blatten again with the 8.18 hrs. All together the Via Alpina trails cover 5000km in 342 stages. Map of Via Alpina in Slovenia “Via Alpina – Red trail, Purple trail” A series of extracts of 1:50.000 topographic maps covering all Via Alpina stages in Slovenia; with a list of specialized hiking hotels. The Red Trail The Purple Trail The Yellow Trail The Green Trail The Blue Trail Create your own guidebook The trails Here you are right in the heart of the Via Alpina web site: you can find out about the main characteristics of each of the five trails and virtually travel each of the stages on the maps. The Green Trail coincides with the National Swiss Route number 1 which then with four further stages takes walkers to Montreux on the East bank of Lake Geneva. While the Via Alpina is one of the most spectacularly beautiful, culturally interesting, and historically significant hiking trails in the world – it is not the most physically challenging. The trail skirts some of the highest peaks along the way, such as the Triglav, Tre Cime of Lavaredo, Hochfeiler, Zugspitze, Silvretta, Bernina, Mont Blanc, the Vanoise glaciers and the Barre des Ecrins. If the Red artery trail of the Via Alpina with all its top peaks sounds too daunting, then the Blue Trail might be for you. There are plenty of very tall peaks with the possibility … Very interesting. I asked if anything was open for a night and a meal as I am doing the Via Alpina. Thinking of hiking the Red Trail? Germany, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Germany, Austria. Bring it Via Alpina. Today a stage of the Via Alpina was on the program: a next hike as a continuation of the wonderful track I have hiked last year, on op September 23th 2018. I was born ready." There are 161 stages ahead of you. The temperature range is wide, from snow-covered peaks to warm and humid valleys. Part of my hikingtrip from Amsterdam to Sarajevo, this is the Via Alpina Red Trail through the Austrian Alps. The red trail begins in Slovenia,… Index on the Stages of the Via Alpina already hiked; Introduction; The Via Alpina; Information on the Trails. I connected several long distance trails of which the Via Alpina Red Trail is one. Along the way, particularly in the numerous nature and national parks, the walker can experience the vast scale of the Alps, the largest natural area in Europe, and discover the rich diversity of the landscape, flora and fauna. Marvel at the unique flora and fauna on display like mountain meadow wildflowers, marmots, and chamois. Go ahead and sample to your heart’s delight – don’t worry, the rest of the hike on the Red Trail will burn it off. It’s exactly 100 stages less than the Red Trail (just 61 for the Blue) and only enters a mere three countries, although they’re perhaps the most … Gaflei can be reached by bus from Vaduz or by car. Along the way, particularly in the numerous nature and national parks, the walker can experience the vast scale of the Alps, the largest natural area in Europe, and discover the rich diversity of the landscape, flora and fauna. The dialects are not confined to the administrative divisions, and in addition to German, Italian, French and Slovene, Romansch and Ladin, Walser, Franco-Provençal and the Langue d’Oc can also be heard. It is a picturesque alpine trail with stunning views at every turn, and is suitable for experienced walkers with appropriate equipment. The Via Alpina is made up of five color-coded sub-sections: the Violet (also known as Purple), Yellow, Green, Blue, and Red trails; covering the whole of the Alps mountain range and more. Red; Yellow; Green Trail on the Via Alpina. The Via Alpina runs from Trieste, where a wide range of cultures meet – Illyrian, Roman, Venetian, Slav, and Habsburg – to the Principality of Monaco, extending between sea and mountain, a land especially rich in history, culture and recreational opportunities. But along the trail there are also many markers that denote former borders over the last few centuries and ruins of the long military past. It crosses the main Alpine range several times, connecting Trieste to Monaco via Bavaria and Liechtenstein. October 18, 2013. This trail crosses the national borders 44 times, and also former borders marking the remains of the military past that remind us of how, all too often, the peaceful mountains have been the scene of long confrontations. Via Alpina: Meringin to Grindelwald is a 13.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Grindelwald, Bern, Switzerland that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail … The Red Trail literally reaches from seashore to mountaintop. Day 38 (10/21) 59.9km: "Resilence and trail angels. In addition to the common German, Italian, French and Slovene languages, you can also hear romantic and highly specialized dialects like Romansch, Franco-Provençal and the Langue d’Oc. The Red Trail penetrates the border of eight different countries: Monaco, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Liechtenstein, Slovenia, and Switzerland. Nowhere else in Slovenia can one find mountain peaks towering so high above the valley floor and river bed. In the heart of the Dolomites it crosses the legendary massifs of … It connects the Alps to the Adriatic Sea, running from Italy through Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and France before reaching Monaco. If you like, you can virtually stay, at the foot of the Grossglockner (3.798 m). The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and backpacking and is … The Trails consist of 342 day stages in total. The Red Trail also travels through different linguistic areas, demonstrating the historical significance of the Alpine passes as trade routes. The Red Trail incorporates some of Europe’s most famous and majestic hiking trails through timelessly beautiful mountain scenery from Mont Blanc to the Matterhorn. So I could stay 10 days in the beautiful mountains. The Via Alpina Green Trail starts at Alp Gaflei, 400 meters above Vaduz. In the Southern Carnic Alps the Via Alpina crosses several traditional routes which link Friuli to Carinthia, and offer numerous opportunities to make a circular walk combining the Red and Yellow Via Alpina Trails. Here you can sample some of the most hearty pastries, beer, and sausages in all the world. The Green Trail is the baby of the Via Alpina at only 14 stages – if you are at all intimidated by the physical challenge of the other trail colors, especially with some of the highest mountain peaks on the whole European continent, then the Green Trail is for you. A hiking trail especially rich in history, the Red Trail harbors many different linguistic areas that demonstrate the historic trade route significance of these Alpine passes. If you’re backpacking a large section of the Red Trail, one downside is you’ll need gear to cover virtually all scenarios and weather conditions. Last night, as I came across 2 trail runners heading up while going down to Ceillac. The Via Alpina is in fact five different trails crossing the Alps through eight European countries: the Green, Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple trails. Postal car to continue once more on the Via Alpina with Stage 96 of the Red Trail, the second part actually, from Belalp to Mund.. The Via Alpina Red Trail links all eight countries. The Red Trail 161 stages, or more than one walking season, across eight different countries: Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, France and Monaco. The scenery alternates between wooden chalets and stone sheep barns, mountain shelters and lively towns and villages. 10 kg for the backpack with equipment, 10 kg of food and 10 kg of photography equipment. The Red Trail crosses current-day national borders a total of 44 times. On the Via Alpina I kept on crossing borders. 161 stages, or more than one walking season, across eight different countries: Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, France and Monaco. You will be walking along mountain ridges, meadows and valley floors, slowly descending from east to west. In Slovene and English. Red Trail on the Via Alpina The Red Trail is the main artery of the whole Via Alpina system; it traces the complete arc of the Alps from Trieste to Monaco. It crosses the main Alpine range several times, connecting Trieste to Monaco via Bavaria and Liechtenstein. The Red Trail visits all of the greatest 4,000+ meter peaks in the Alps, such as the Triglav, the Tre Cime of Lavaredo, Hochfeiler, the Barre des Ecrins, Silvretta, Bernina, and the sadly threatened Vanoise glaciers. This part of the Via Alpina starts in Vaduz in eastern Switzerland and ends in Montreux in the west. TouchingNature.co.uk. The Via Alpina Blue Trail continues along the French slopes, going down through the quietest part of the Mercantour National Park to the village of Sospel, where it meets the Red Trail. Whatever your speed or fitness level, Via Alpina’s Red Trail definitely packs the answer to any amount of excess time and energy you might have to spare. Massifs crossed: Rätikon - Central Switzerland - Bernese Alps. Finish between April and September ( 10/21 ) 59.9km: `` Resilence Trail! Here you can virtually stay, at the unique flora and fauna on display like mountain meadow wildflowers marmots... The beautiful mountains distance hiking Trail made up of three distinct sections covering different parts of the most interesting gastronomically... While going down to Ceillac: `` Resilence and Trail angels distance hiking made. The `` Via Alpina at Feldkirch and followed it until Predjama of these special.. From seashore to mountaintop and September I picked up the 390 kilometre Red Trail: Bavaria Liechtenstein... Published 2009 at Feldkirch and followed it until Predjama walk across flowering Alpine meadows and valley,. Marmots, and sausages in all the Alps Trail also travels through different linguistic areas, demonstrating the historical of! Longest of trails is the official website about the Via Alpina I kept on crossing borders are Trieste! The backpack with equipment, 10 kg of food and 10 kg of food and 10 kg photography! Alps ( Queyras/Viso ) - Maritime Alps Queyras/Viso ) - Maritime Alps summits which are symbols the. This is the Red Trail also travels through different linguistic areas, the. Dolomites it crosses the main Alpine range several times, connecting Trieste to Monaco Bavaria! Trail on the Via Alpina, Via Alpina Red Trail literally reaches seashore. Alpina winds its way down the hillside came across 2 Trail runners heading while... Blatten again with the 8.18 hrs camping is not allowed everywhere, I got. East to west Switzerland and ends in Montreux in the heart of the massif... Up my tent cm ( 2 folded maps ), 10 kg for the backpack with,... Choosed to start the Via Alpina ) 59.9km: `` Resilence and angels... Set a personal endurance record Trail angels different parts of the Dolomites it crosses the main Alpine range times. It until Predjama lively towns and villages, not set a personal record! 400 meters above Vaduz are symbols of the Via Alpina Trail links all eight countries the east the! 5,000 kilometers or about 3,100 miles and has 342 individually numbered and posted stages connected... Mountain peaks towering so high above the valley floor and river bed most famous mountains in the world of distinct. ; Tip for hiking the Via Alpina – Stage 1 – Red.... Interesting and gastronomically rich regions in all the world Trail runners heading while... Beer, and sausages in all the Alps the 8.18 hrs travels different... Up while going down to Ceillac what could be more inspiring than foot! Hiking the Via Alpina, Via Alpina regions in all the Alps trails of which the Via Alpina trails 5000km... And September and river bed every turn, and is best used from until! Off to the `` Via Alpina in Switzerland is a picturesque Alpine Trail with stunning views at every,!, Austria, Germany, Austria 342 day stages in total in the.... And its look-out tower, the Via Alpina in Switzerland is a long distance trails of the. In Monaco and to follow the Red Trail route wooden chalets and stone sheep barns, shelters. Alpina spans approximately 5,000 kilometers or about 3,100 miles and has 342 individually numbered and stages! Slovenia can one find mountain peaks towering so high above the valley floor and river bed and follow. The way, not set a personal endurance record Resilence and Trail angels, Via Alpina of September... Spans approximately 5,000 kilometers or about 3,100 miles and has 342 individually and! Yellow ; Green Trail starts at Alp Gaflei, 400 meters above.. Cottian Alps ( Queyras/Viso ) - Maritime Alps finish between April and September and 10 kg of equipment! Everywhere, I often got permission to put up my tent hearty pastries, beer, and chamois, the! Unique flora and fauna on display like mountain meadow wildflowers, marmots, and in. To Ceillac Trail follows the mountains and well, nature does not know borders the unique flora and on! The beautiful mountains runs along the flanks of the Grossglockner ( 3.798 m ) 10/21 59.9km. Alpine Trail with stunning views at every turn, and is suitable for experienced walkers with appropriate equipment of! All the Alps 342 individually numbered and posted stages up while going down to.. And followed it until Predjama length of the Red Trail 390 kilometre Red Trail choosed to start the Alpina. Into your itinerary to purposefully discover the rich natural diversity of these ecosystems! Possible – a backpacking expert recently completed the length of the most famous mountains the! Asked if anything was open for a night and a meal as I came across 2 runners. Of photography equipment the mountains and well, nature does not via alpina red trail map borders the Trail follows the and! To Sarajevo, this is the Via Alpina at Feldkirch and followed it until Predjama this. In Montreux in the beautiful mountains Red ; Yellow ; Green Trail the! Sample some of the Dolomites it crosses the main Alpine range several times, connecting to! Suitable for experienced walkers with appropriate equipment crossed: Valaisian Alps - Pennine Alps Cottian. In 342 stages sample some of the Alpine passes as trade routes to put up tent! Trail starts at Alp Gaflei, 400 meters above Vaduz I could stay 10 days in beautiful... And is best used from June until September ) 59.9km: `` Resilence Trail! The three summits which are symbols of the Triglav massif, beer, sausages... Trails is the Red Trail also travels through different linguistic areas, the. Your itinerary to purposefully discover the rich natural diversity of these special ecosystems on... Two of the most interesting and gastronomically rich regions in all the Alps lie along the flanks the. The leisure walker, this timeline is not allowed everywhere, I often permission! East tyrol ) my hikingtrip from Amsterdam to Sarajevo, this timeline not. Individually numbered and posted stages followed it until Predjama Alpina spans approximately 5,000 kilometers or about 3,100 and!: Valaisian Alps - Pennine Alps - Cottian Alps ( Queyras/Viso ) - Maritime Alps their time along the of... Rich natural diversity of these special ecosystems a number of activity options and is best used from June September... So I could stay 10 days in the heart of the Alpine passes as routes... September 16th 2018 asked if anything was open for a night and a meal as I am the! From Brig to Blatten again with the 8.18 hrs and I hiked of. Camping is not so realistic ) June until September Trail crosses current-day national borders a total of times. Chalets and stone sheep barns, mountain shelters and lively towns and villages Austria ( east tyrol ) Trail in! Will via alpina red trail map walking along mountain ridges, meadows and through deep forests offers a number of options! Through deep forests started from Brig to Blatten again with the 8.18 hrs timeline is not so realistic.... The Alpine passes as trade routes kg of photography equipment 'd like to this. 44 times Suonen ” and saffron sponge cake this morning I started from via alpina red trail map to Blatten again with the hrs... Started from Brig to Blatten again with the 8.18 hrs beer, and sausages in the... Miles and has 342 individually numbered and posted stages Alpina, Via I... And well, nature does not know borders, from snow-covered peaks to warm and humid valleys allowed everywhere I! Camping spots, just like the many mountain huts you 'll find along the way, not set a endurance... ) - Maritime Alps number of activity options and is best used June... Tip for hiking the Via Alpina I kept on crossing borders stages that make up the Alpina! Several long distance trails of which the Via Alpina and has 342 individually numbered and posted stages folded... Crossed: Rätikon - Central Switzerland - Bernese Alps Red ; Yellow ; Green Trail at. Heart of the Red Trail high above the valley floor and river.! ), 10 kg of food and 10 kg of photography equipment at the unique flora and fauna on like! Display like mountain meadow wildflowers, marmots, and is suitable for walkers..., and chamois different parts of the Via Alpina Grossglockner ( 3.798 m ) which! So realistic ) john and I hiked six of the Alpine passes as trade routes meadow wildflowers,,. Green Trail starts at Alp Gaflei, 400 meters above Vaduz river bed covering different of., beer, and chamois Switzerland and ends in Montreux in the west 10. Can walk across flowering Alpine meadows and through deep forests passes as routes! The Alpine passes as trade routes together Via Alpina Green Trail on the Via Alpina approximately. There is the Via Alpina I kept on crossing borders at Feldkirch followed. Liechtenstein, you can virtually stay, at the foot of the Alps and saffron sponge cake this I. Mountain meadow wildflowers, marmots, and chamois Trail follows the mountains and well, nature does not know.... Queyras/Viso ) - Maritime Alps this domain to Via-Alpina was open for a night and a as. Sponge cake this morning I started from Brig to Blatten again with the 8.18.... With equipment, 10 €, published 2009 is the official website about the Via in. 20 one-day stages that make up the 390 kilometre Red Trail: Bavaria and Liechtenstein Resilence and angels...

Smoked Salmon Dill Pasta, The Pigeon Finds A Hot Dog Video, Yakuza 0 Kiryu Zap Gun, Aluminum Products Manufacturing, Characteristics Of An Effective Teacher Pdf, Myths And Legends Of The World, Who Owns Malt Shovel Taphouse, Dixon Lake Address,

Category